|Ingredients||No 3 Potjie – Serves 16||No 6 Potjie – Serves 48|
|• Mushrooms (tins)||2||6|
|• Sliced Onion||6||18|
|• Tomato paste (tins)||2||6|
|• Sour Cream 250g||2||6|
|• Pasta Shells||1kg||3kg|
|• Green Peppers||2||6|
|• Chicken Stock||4 blocks||12 blocks|
|• Grated Cheddar Cheese||500g||1.5kg|
|• Mixed Green Herbs||2 teaspoons||6 teaspoons|
|• Water (boiling)||1.5 litres||4.5 litres|
1. Fry onion until soft, add mushrooms and fry slightly; then add green pepper and fry.
2. Make sauce of: boiling water, green herbs, chicken stock and tomato paste.
3. Add to pot with onion, mushrooms and green pepper.
4. Add remaining water & when this is boiling add pasta and cook until al-dente.
5. Add biltong and sour cream.
6. Mix well and add grated cheese to the potjie pot. Stir through as it melts.
7. Ready to serve