Skip to content
DOWNLOAD RECIPE PDF
- ¼ cup Olive oil
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2 Carrots, diced
- 2 stalks Celery, chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 tsp. Dried oregano
- 1 tsp. Dried basil
- 2 cups Dry lentils
- 8 cups Water
- 1 can Crushed tomatoes
- ½ cup Spinach, rinsed and thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp. Vinegar
- Salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
For the Grilled Bread
- 8 slices of Rustic French baguette
- 2 tbsp. Olive oil
For the Soup:
- In your Best Duty #12 Bake Pot, heat oil over medium heat. Gently add onions, carrots, and celery to the pot and cook while continuously stirring until the onion is tender, +- 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, bay leaf, oregano and basil and let it cook for +- 2 minutes.
- Stir in the lentils, add water and tomatoes and bring the pot to a boil. Reduce the heat and leave the pot to simmer until the lentils are tender, +- 1 hour.
- Before serving, add in spinach and cook until it is soft.
- Stir in vinegar and season with salt and pepper as preferred.
For the Grilled Bread:
- Slice the bread in medium size logs and brush each side lightly with olive oil.
- Grease your Multi Lid #12 and heat over hot coals / on the stove. Gently place the slices on the Multi Lid and sprinkle with a pinch of salt on top of each slice.
- Leave to grill for +- 3 minutes per side or until crispy and just starting to char on the edges. If desired, sprinkle with chopped herbs.
- Add a scoop of lentil soup and dip using your fresh grilled bread. Enjoy!