- 1kg boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut in cubes
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tsp salt
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 1⁄2 cups chopped onion
- 2 tbsp garlic (chopped)
- 2 tbsp garam masala
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1⁄4 tsp cinnamon
- salt to taste
- 2 cups diced canned tomatoes
- 3⁄4 cup full cream
- 2 tbsp butter
- Chopped cilantro to garnish (optional)
For the chicken and marinade:
For the Sauce:
- Combine all ingredients in a zip-top bag or shallow baking dish, massaging the
marinade into the chicken. Let stand at room temperature while you prepare the
For the Marinade:
- In a Chef Supreme Casserole heat the oil over medium heat. Add onions and
slowly cook until golden, about 20 minutes, reducing heat if they are getting crispy
or browning quickly.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant. Stir in garam masala, paprika, cinnamon and
salt; cook 1 minute more. Add tomatoes; cook 2 minutes, then add cream and
carefully puree using an immersion blender.
- Return sauce to a Chef Supreme Casserole and bring to a simmer. Remove
chicken from marinade and add it to the sauce (discarding remaining marinade).
Cover, and simmer over medium-low heat until cooked through, about 12 minutes.
(A gentle simmer is required to gently cook the breasts so they don’t become
tough, and you don’t want to overcook them.)
- Stir in butter, taste and add more salt to taste. Serve sprinkled with cilantro and
rice or naan bread if desired.