- 2 ½ tbsp. Ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. Onion powder
- 1 tbsp. Chili powder
- 1 tbsp. Garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. Seasoned salt
- 2kgs Chicken wings, rinsed and dried
- 1 cup Honey
- ½ cup Hot braai sauce e.g. peri-peri sauce, chilli sauce, etc.
- 3 tbsp. Apple juice
- 1 large Ziploc bag
Tbsp = Tablespoon
Tsp = TeaspoonDOWNLOAD RECIPE PDF
- Preheat your oven to 190 °C.
- In a small bowl, mix together the pepper, onion powder, chili powder, garlic powder, and seasoned salt. Set aside.
- Place the chicken wings in a large Ziploc bag and pour in the dry rub, made in step 1. Shake the Ziploc bag to completely coat the wings with the dry rub. Leave to marinate for at least 30 minutes, at room temperature.
- Place your Multi Lid on the stove. Grill the chicken wings for 5 minutes on each side and transfer the chicken wings to the oven. Bake for 45 minutes at 190 °C.
- While the wings are baking, in a small saucepan, mix the honey, hot braai sauce, and apple juice together. Allow to cook over medium heat until warmed through, for at least 4 minutes.
- After the wings are baked, remove the chicken wings from the oven and drain if necessary. Place the wings in a large bowl and add the prepared hot sauce; toss to coat well with the sauce.
- Place the coated chicken wings back in the oven, on the Multi Lid and bake for 5-8 minutes until crispy and no pink remains in the chicken. Serve with your favourite side salad and enjoy!