Home is where the heart is, and nothing says it better than a kitchen filled with aromatic scents wafting from quality cast iron cookware. As we approach the festive season, there is no better way to express love than gifting a generational, thoughtful gift. If you’re on the hunt for the perfect Christmas present for that special cook in your life, look no further!
Our Cast Iron Christmas gift guide has got you covered! Here, we’ve rounded up the best cast iron cookware on the market to help you find the perfect gift for your loved one this Christmas.
- The 3-Leg Cast Iron Pot: This is an absolute must-have for any South African household. Perfectly designed for outdoor cooking, the three sturdy legs give this pot stability on an open fire. Its traditional design and practical functionality make it a great gift for those who appreciate the fine art of potjie cooking.
You can determine how many servings your potjie can accommodate by multiplying the outside rings by the size of your pot
For example, the Best Duty #3 pot has four rings on the outside and can therefore hold 12 servings.
For smaller gatherings, we recommend the #3 or #4 potjie. For larger gatherings, look at #6 or #8, as the #8 potjie can accommodate up to 32 people. The biggest 3-legged oil-cured cast iron potjie size is #25, which can feed up to 100 mouths! No matter the size of your family or community, we’ve got a potjie for you!
- Cast Iron Bake Pot: From baking mouth-watering breads to preparing delicious one-pot wonders, the Cast Iron Bake Pot is a versatile gem. Its even heat distribution ensures everything cooks evenly, plus it’s also great for keeping the food warm for longer. A must-have for all the baking enthusiasts out there. It’s perfect for those who love to experiment with different recipes in the kitchen.
3. Flat Cast Iron Pot: This pot is a cook’s dream come true. It is not only great for searing meat perfectly, but also versatile enough to cook anything from potjiekos to stir-frys. It heats up evenly and retains heat exceptionally well, ensuring that your food is cooked to perfection every single time. You can use this flat bottomed potjie in your indoor or outdoor kitchen for quick and easy dinner nights!
- Quarter Size Cast Iron Pot: Perfect for small family meals or for those who love to cook intricate dishes, a 1/4 size cast iron pot is the epitome of flexibility. It delivers all the benefits of cast iron cooking, but in a more manageable size. These smaller potjies are perfect for get-togethers with friends where everyone can have the freedom to make their own potjie. Add chocolate and marshmallows, and you’re ready for fondue night! This is a great gift for someone who lives alone or has a smaller kitchen space.
- Chef Supreme Cast Iron Pot: Lastly, for the true connoisseur in the kitchen, our Chef Supreme Cast Iron Pot is the ultimate gift this Christmas. This professional-grade pot is designed to handle virtually any recipe or cooking technique you can throw at it. Its even heat distribution and high heat retention make it perfect for searing, sautéing, braising and baking. With its stunning design, it will serve as both a functional tool and a beautiful centrepiece in the kitchen. See our reasons why you need to gift your loved one Chef Supreme this Christmas here.
Whether you’re shopping for yourself or someone else this holiday season, cast iron cookware is a timeless gift that will be cherished for many years to come. Add an element of rustic charm to your kitchen and get shopping!