Skip to content
DOWNLOAD RECIPE PDF
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon yeast
- 1 1/2 cups water (warm not hot)
- Butter to serve
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, salt and yeast. Add water and mix until a sticky mixture forms.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and set aside for 12 hours to 18 hours. Overnight works too.
- Heat the oven to 230 degrees Celcius. When oven reaches 230 degrees, place a cast iron pot with lid in the oven and heat pot for 30 minutes.
- Pour dough onto heavily floured surface and shape into a ball. Cover with plastic wrap and let it sit while the pot is heating.
- Remove the pot from oven and place the dough inside the pot. Cover and return to the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the lid and bake additional 15 minutes. Remove the bread from the oven and place the bread on a cooling rack.
- Slice and serve with Butter
- Optional: Add your favorite spices to this recipe like rosemary, cinnamon, or even cheese.