- 2kg Whole chicken
- ¼ cup Unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tbsp. Olive oil
- ¼ cup White wine, use a dry wine like a Sauvignon blanc/ Chardonnay/ Chenin Blanc
- 1 Lemon, halved
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to season
- 2 tbsp. Freshly chopped parsley
- 4 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Garlic head, roughly peeled and cut in half horizontally through the middle crosswise
- 3 Fresh whole rosemary sprigs
- Kitchen String
Tbsp = Tablespoon
- Preheat your oven to 220°C
- Place the chicken on a large flat tray and gently pour olive oil, melted butter, wine and the juice of half a lemon over the chicken, under the skin and inside the cavity. Season the chicken with salt and pepper on the outside and inside the cavity. Sprinkle parsley over.
- Getting your hands dirty: Using gloves, rub the minced garlic over the chicken and under the skin.
- Stuffing: Stuff the garlic head into the chicken cavity along with the rosemary sprigs and the squeezed lemon half. Gently tie the chicken legs together with a kitchen string.
- Lightly grease your Best Duty No.10 Bake Pot or place foil at the bottom. Gently place the stuffed chicken, breast-side up, into the Bake Pot and allow to roast for 1 hour and 20 minutes. Baste half way through the cooking time at around 40 minutes, until juices run clear when chicken thigh is pierced with a skewer.
- Repeat the basting process and leave to broil for a further 3 minutes, until golden brown.
- Using oven mitts, carefully remove the bake pot from the oven, cover with foil and allow to stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- Drain the juices from the bake pot into a sauce pan/gravy pot and drizzle over the chicken and serve with remaining lemon half cut into wedges or slices. Enjoy!