Skip to content
DOWNLOAD RECIPE PDF
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 head of garlic (halved)
- 4 garlic cloves (thinly sliced)
- 8 – 10 carrots (peeled and cut in half)
- 2 large red onions (peeled and cut in quarters)
- 5cm piece ginger (thinly sliced)
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- Preheat oven to 100°C. Season chicken generously with salt inside and out. Place head of garlic inside cavity; tie legs together if desired. Let it sit at least for 5 minutes and chill.
- In a Chef Supreme Casserole, combine carrots, red onions, ginger, butter, and honey. Season lightly with salt.
- Place chicken on top, nestling into vegetables. Cover and place in the oven.
- Bake for 2 hours then uncover and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil, sliced garlic and red pepper flakes in a Chef Supreme Casserole over medium heat until garlic is lightly browned. Once browned let cool. Stir in lime juice and season dressing with salt.
- Increase oven temperature to 200°. Place chicken on a baking tray and roast until skin is browned and crisp.
- Meanwhile, place casserole over medium-high heat; bring juices to a simmer. Reducing heat as needed, cook until vegetables are glazed. Keep warm over low heat until chicken is done.
- Serve chicken on top of vegetables with dressing drizzled over.