- 8 eggs
- ½ cup whole milk
- ½ packet cut spinach
- 8 slices bacon or 125 g bacon
- ½ large onion, peeled and diced
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese 250 ml
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 180°.
- Cook the bacon in a Best Duty braai Lid over medium-low heat. When bacon is crispy, remove it from the braai lid, drain on paper towels and set aside. When it’s cool, roughly chop it into ¼ inch pieces or just crumble it up.
- Reserve about 2 Tbsps. of bacon fat, and then add diced onion and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes or until it’s slightly translucent.
- Turn off the heat under the braai lid, then add the spinach pieces and stir with a wooden spoon for a minute until the leaves are fully wilted.
- In a glass mixing bowl, thoroughly beat the eggs until nice and frothy. Add the milk and stir until combined. Season to taste with kosher salt.
- Pour the egg mixture into the braai lid, and sprinkle the bacon pieces in as well. Give everything a stir to distribute the ingredients evenly. This is the last time you’re going to stir, so get it all out of your system now!
- Turn the heat under the braai lid back on, to about medium heat and cook for about 5 minutes or until the egg begins to set. No stirring!
- Add the grated cheese, sprinkling it evenly across the top, and then transfer the braai lid to the oven.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until the eggs are fully cooked.
Makes 4 wedge-shaped portions of frittata.