Skip to content
DOWNLOAD RECIPE PDF
- 1 kg black mussels (in shells)
- 2 onions (peeled and finely chopped)
- handful thyme leaves
- oil to fry
- 250 ml white wine
- 1 L fresh cream
- 30 ml butter
- 4 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 60g fresh parsley (chopped)
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- lime wedges
- Clean the mussels by removing the beards and soaking the mussels in clean water. Drain the water and set the mussels aside until needed.
- Heat the oil in a large cast iron potije pot over medium coals, cook the onions and the thyme leaves in a little oil until the onions are soft and translucent.
- Add white wine and cook over medium heat until the liquid is reduced by half and the alcohol has evaporated.
- Add the fresh cream and cook over low heat, another 20 minutes. Stir in the garlic and butter. Season to taste and remove from heat.
- Steam the mussels in a pot of salted water, covered by a lid, until the shells open. Discard any unopened mussels.
- Add the mussels to the sauce, garnish with fresh parsley, and serve with toasted bread and lime wedges for squeezing.
- Ready to serve.